Following the Dreams Within You



So many of us have dreams. We have all these goals we feel like we need to reach or accomplish in order to live the life that we think is best for us!  So, what happens when that dream doesn't actually happen? Why do we become content with the situations that were in and then use that as an excuse for why we never accomplished our dreams? What happens when you do accomplish that dream and then realize it wasn't for you? What would have happened if we followed the dreams that God placed within us? Wouldn't that be a win win. Wouldn’t it be ideal that He did all of the work for us because I mean after all He is God? That would be pretty cool I suppose, but not nearly as fulfilling as playing a part in that dream that He had put within us. I am in no way, shape or form a pastor and nor am I trying to preach to you, but I'm only sharing what I have experienced from not listening to God and just doing everything my way. So, some of you know I braid hair and style natural hair.  Ever since I was a child I dreamed about doing hair and owning my own salon. So, when I got to high school I ended up attending a school that had a cosmetology program. I did great in the program and had credits that would transfer to a hair school but I didn't do it. In my senior year, I decided that I was going to attend a bible school and be a music major. While in high school I started to attend a church, and found out I could sing and play the piano. The church guided me into those gifts and helped become better at them by using the piano to practice and play during our mid-week service. I was horrible at the beginning and eventually became a great worship leader according to others. Soon enough I was sharing my music with the church and realized that the songs I wrote were helping others. Now I was attending this school with no foundations and music theory or voice theory and felt like I couldn't do it because I didn't have all those years of theory like everyone else around me did but I loved writing music that honored my God. I loved having intimate sessions in the piano room playing and singing to Him. I eventually stopped attending school for music because I didn't feel qualified. I decided to change my major about 4 times to a youth development, psychology, nursing, and history teacher. I figured I would be good at these things because I had plenty of interest in them. I didn't keep any of them because they were just interest and for the most part I was thinking about financial stability. Now I'm 29 years old with no college degree and wondering what I should be doing with my life, yet that dream that God put within me has never stopped calling me. So, I’m going to do it. I'm going to record the music that He has placed in me because He gave it to me and I know He will use it. I'm going to write my book because He gave me the vision and life experiences to do so. It's scary but I'd rather follow the dreams that He placed in me than to keep going down this path of what if's and unsatisfactory. I may not have a bachelor’s degree and what He has placed in me to pursue may not be appealing to man’s eyes, but it is pleasing to Him and that is all that matters. It's never too late to follow the dreams He has placed on your heart. Just remember why your following it. God will bless those who see Him and are obedient to  the things He has asked of us. For some reason, we trust Him to do the basic things in our lives but now it's time to trust Him to do all of the things in our lives. He will come through as long as we are committed to Him.  You know what He wants you to do. Listen to His voice only, not mans. I don't own my own salon but I find peace in knowing that I bless others with that gift and being able to build people up thorough conversation and that's better than gaining any kind of finance up out of it. God has made me to be a leader. He has placed in me the heart to love people and to serve people through the gifts He has given me. My favorite scripture is Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. I believe everything in this scripture, but believing isn't enough by itself. We have to take action in what we believe because without the action nothing will ever get accomplished. It may have taken me almost 10yrs to recognize this, but I see it now and will do everything in my power to trust Him and to take action.  What dream have you had in your heart that you have laid to rest because of fear or what others may think?  Think about that and take it back. Go pursue your dream and trust that He will take care of the rest!  This post isn't for everyone and I believe this post was placed on my heart not just because this is where I'm at in life but because someone needs to hear this! Whoever you are and I pray His leads you to this post! Much love!  Until next post... peace!!!!!
Please leave comments!!! I love conversation!!

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing that was a very inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not my hair!!! Hair up date!

Feeling weary