Welcome to my world!

Hi! This is my first time writing  a post on my own blog!!! So how about I just tell you who I am first than next blog we can get into something more personal! Well any how.. I am a wife, mother, friend and I really love natural hair. I actually braid hair and style natural hair but decided I didn't want to make a career out of it because  for some reason it stripped the joy away from doing hair( the business side)! So now I just braid and style hair as a hobby! I also love music. I write my own songs and play the piano.
I love being a wife and  being a mom. Grant it both of the roles are pretty difficult to balance but with time they become a little easier day by day. My husband and I moved to a new state about a year ago for work and that by itself has been a transition, especially since our whole support system didn't move with us! LOL. I am currently in this weird phase of my life where I don't really care about what people think about me. Like before I cared to a degree but now it's like... bye... I'm grown and will live my life the way I choose to but at the same time keeping in mind that I am a representation of my husband and my kids. Before I was a representation of the church, youth that look up to me, my work, my husband and kids. I've have learned so much as far as who I should be pleasing. I am very much so a believer of the Word of God... without the religious mind set because after all I had that for about the past 10 years. Like how I have to talk a certain way, act a certain way and basically not be   PERSON with feeling and failing ( that's how I felt... my pastors where rocks tars)! lol. For the most part I felt like I was placed on this pedestal by others because I was a worship leader, youth leader and dance team leader. So in my mind I could never fail because I would considered unfit and unworthy. I spent so much of my life trying to make sure I  didn't fail others but while doing that I only failed myself because I kept the real me inside this box because I didn't want to deal with peoples judgements.
So now I am at a median in my life where I don't care what people think and will live my life as free as possible with the guidance of God. I am a woman who has overcome so many challenges in life and I hope my stories are a word of encouragement to you and others. So I'm stepping out of my box and pursing the things that I believe God has called me to pursue because I have everything I need to be who God called me to be and so do you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Following the Dreams Within You

Not my hair!!! Hair up date!

Feeling weary